Monday, October 4, 2010

Rotten

So- I passed my doctoral defense on Friday.  It is a strange feeling indeed.  No, I didn't run amok tearing up the town.  Dave and I had talked about doing something on Saturday afternoon/evening, but the tentative plans I made with the sitter fell through.  So we just hung out with Nico this weekend.  Friday night involved partaking in the seemingly endless supply of german beer that is in our fridge (HoffBrau) and pizza.  Mmmmm.  I think we were in bed by 1000 pm  :( sadface.   

I think I am still in shock over the whole thing... so I will wait to describe it more eloquently until I have some perspective... maybe when I walk.  Or not.  :)

We went to Savi's birthday party on Saturday.  She just turned one and is a total ham.  Their place has an open floor plan, where one, could if one were so inclined run a big circle around the kitchen, living room and foyer.  Know what is awesomeness?  A whole line of little kids doing this... which one dorky adult (me).  After we left the party, Nico and I did a couple of errands and headed home.  I stayed up late sewing and watching bad movies on Netflix.  Sunday was pretty low key with Dave and Nico going to IHOP for morning noms.  Seriously, the boy cant get enough of pancakes.  For real.  After eating 3 blueberry pancakes at IHOP he was trying to get some of my regular pancakes for second breakfast.  I know!!  Just like Uncle Billy!!

When we were at Target on Friday getting birthday gifts for Savi- I could not resist a toy piano for Nico.  See, there is this company that makes toys that I love... they are Made in America  and are great colors.  Made out of recycled materials.  We have set of cars and a play cell phone for Nico.  I have ben eyeing this piano for a couple of months now... and finally broke down and got it... its one of those toys that Dave and I will probably get more use out of than Nico will... it even has a microphone... its pretty much amazing.  And like most toys we get, Nico is a lot more interested in the box than the actual toy.  So we spent some time playing music on Sunday.  Nico is basically the next J.S. Bach.  For real.  Dont be jealous. 



Late yesterday afternoon, Dave went to play soccer.  After a brief stop at the yogurt place, we went to watch.  While Daddy did get shelled, Nico tore everything up.  He was trying to get onto the field and basically get into EVERYTHING.  Here is is pretending to be good for a minute:

Those are the shorts I made him (blue and red crabs).  They are still weird in the waist band... which is okay, since they are kind of play shorts at this point.  So I wasnt terribly annoyed when he decided to sit in a puddle by the water fountain.  What a hot mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment