Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

I am starting a new segment on the Nico Royse show called, "Things taking up my mental bandwith."  These are the things that I spend time thinking about. 

Today's edition:
* I am pretty sure that double stuffed oreos are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
* I really want to make a gingerbread house.  But it seems like a lot of work, when in reality, I could just get a bunch of candy and it.  And call it even.
* I wish the Cake Shop or Leo and Lucy's Cupcakery were closer to our house.
* I think it might be time to start introducing solids for Nico.
* Answers to questions like, "Can you name a circumstance where you dealt positively with adversity or a tough situation in a previous job? in preparation for a job interview I have next week.
* I am fairly certain that there is no softer thing than the cheek of a sleeping baby. 
*What is a good christmas gift for someone who has saved your a$$ on several occasions?
* I am looking forward to my family being here next week. 
*Wondering if I am going to be able to compete against Nicole's cupcake method (of decorating the hell out of cupcakes made from a box mix) in our cupcake competition. 

4 comments:

  1. ok...serious question. This is the kinda thing i think about when i am supposed to be working. Why would anybody buy regular oreos? Doublestuff are so much better. I mean seriously...when given the option...who wouldnt pick doublestuff?

    PS. i dont think I am even going to make my own frosting. it doesnt matter though...my cupcakes are that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicole -- i'm having a hard time finding sno-caps. jessi, i think you could find some positive ways you dealt with adversity in your coaching job. of course it's always good to slant your awesome skills in the area where you are seeking employment. hey, for someone who has been under-employed all my life, I sure have a lot of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad says:

    Girls, girls...I don't want you building up any unrealistic expectations for the cupcake competition. I mean after all, your mother has been at this long before you were born. But I love you anyway. Love, Dad.

    PS The ugly rumors that your mother is influencing the out chief judge with sexual favors it a total lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes folks! that is my parents being inappropriate on my blog. good thing that my major professor doesnt read this (sarcasm- he does). So do some of the highschool girls. it is for this reason that I have yet to fully describe the "Key West Incident."

    ReplyDelete