Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Apple Season

Last weekend was very fun.  Friday night, Dave and Nico met me in Lincoln Square on the bike trailer.  Dave had to edit for the news service, otherwise, we might have grabbed some dinner there.  

Saturday morning, I shot a workshop at CrossFit when Nico and Dave headed to Nico's school for some type of Family Fun Get Together.  After, they headed to the YMCA for swimming lessons and working out.  On my way home, I stopped by the Southport Grocery, for some treats (cupcakes and such).  BTW, reason 3420849305 Chicago is awesome:  In Tally, I could count on one hand the number of little gourmet groceries.  In Chicago, you'd need several more hands.  Like 10. When I got home, Nico and I napped, which was fantastic.  The weather was kind of crummy (thunderstorms and such).  True story, I love the crap out of napping during storms.  

Sunday, we had brunch at our friend Robyn and Jordan's house, which Nico declared to be one of the funnest parts of the weekend.  My friends Kevin and Jennifer were there, and they gave us the real story on how it is in Chicago.  After brunch, we drove up to Libertyville for apple picking.  It was a lot of fun!  Dave and Nico are really good at apple picking!!


Of course, the apples had to be taste-tested.  So, you know.  In actuality, Nico ate three apples on our trip.  The good news is that we have a peck of apples... which might as well be a shit ton of apples.  Have no idea what I am going to do with this many apples.  But I think the old-standby, the Caramel Apple Pie with Cornmeal Crust is going to happen.  I just wish I could make and freeze.    

No comments:

Post a Comment