Tuesday, January 22, 2013

They have no idea...

Last week, I was on an roller coaster of emotion.  I can't talk about some of it... yet.  But I will.

The completely amazing and wonderful thing that happened?  We won districts.  AGAIN.  Seriously.


The game was awesome.  We went up 1-0, but then Florida High equalized just before the half.  And we battled for another 40 minutes before going to overtime.  I was prepared for ANOTHER PK shootout when Madi Harris said, "Nah, Imma end it now."  See:



It was so awesome.  I can hardly believe that it happened.  Especially since the first time we played Florida High, we lost to them in the second half when they took the momentum and we couldn't get it back.

It was kinda sad too, for Florida High, because this was supposed to be a down year for us.  We went from beating them bad two years ago and last year.  They snuck a win this year at their place.  And a tie at our place.  But they had to definitely feel like this was their year.  Just before the end of regulation their keeper made a huge save against us.  It was crazy.  Its the kind of save, that as a goalkeeper, you know you got because you live right.  But they just couldnt keep Madi out of the net.  It was kinda sad for them, I think.  They have to know that this was the closest that they would ever get to us- because we are only losing three players. And we are gonna be damn good next year.

Dave's parents came up this weekend.  We did some belated Christmas festivities and they got to hang out with Nico.  Nico got a couple of new firefighter and police shirts.  Which is fantastic, because that is all he would wear if possible.  You know its bad when your kid wears the same shirt all weekend because you can't get it off him.  Seriously.

He is big and sassy.  He's loving the math- especially when counting down how many slides down the pole he gets.  Also, there is this:

Nico: Mama, do you know why I am letting you cut my finger nails?
Me: No, why are you letting me?
Nico: Because I like to do fun stuff with you and Dad.  And I know that I have to let you do this so that we can do fun stuff.

FINALLY!!  He gets it!  We go to Europe now! Kthnxbai!

No comments:

Post a Comment