Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Police Shirts

Not much going on around here.  With the soccer season over, I am not experiencing the annual, "Mother of God, how is it that I have so much time on my hands?"  Okay, not really.  I mean, our Christmas tree is still up.  The house is *still* a disaster area, and I have only managed 1 page in my Project Life situation.  Oh well.

When Mike and Gay were in town last week, Mike helped Dave and me get one of our couches out to the curb.  To recap: in the Summer of 2010, I bought two couches where the ends recline.  We had just moved into the house on Atapha.  The couch in the living room was gross... 2.5 years of Drake sitting on it, and Nico eating on it meant that it needed to go.  I don't remember how we got the damn things in the house.  I just remember that the day we did it, Dave and I almost had a throw down in the front yard.  So, with some muscle Mike helped us move the big one out.  Which meant that we could move the little one out of the office into the living room.  So what you see in the picture above is my new craft table.  Oh indeed.  My previous craft table has been permanently transitioned into a folding the laundry table. Yay!!

Mike and Gay have managed to feed Nico's obsession with police shirts and fire truck shirts with the shirt that Nico is wearing up above.  What is cool about it, is that the City of Louisville Police don't exist anymore- they were merged with the county (back in the 1990s?).  But its really cool, because now we are getting to the place where when Nico has worn a shirt till its disgusting, I can take it off and say, "Hey, let's take this police shirt off and put a fire truck shirt on?"

Also, the money I spend on cute clothes at Target and online is clearly wasted... all he prefers to wear is police shirts and fire truck shirts.  So, I guess I can start redirecting on that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment