Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bribery.

Not much going on around here.  The soccer season is starting the downhill slide to the end.  We go to Taylor tomorrow to play in the semi-final game.  Against Taylor County.  Not a real big fan of playing them at their house.  I don't like the potential to not be in control of the game.


Nico has been pretty great lately.  We are (still) potty training.  Yeah, can you believe that?  He is really great about peeing in the potty, but not so much with #2.  I could understand it, if the kid weren't obviously brilliant.  But I have actually had conversations with him about how he needs to tell me if he has to go.  He nods and says, "I just went."  Fail.

So, I have resorted to bribery.  This goes against everything that the hippie school has suggested.  BTW- you know your kid goes to a hippie school when their best idea is, "Don't put any pressure on him, he'll go when he is ready."  To which I call B.S: 1.  Because he says he will start going when he is 4.  And that is a really long time away.  And 2: At Aunt Ennie's house in Jeffersonville, homeboy was all about going on the potty.  And he has a fantastic memory.  I used to be able to tell him something and he might forget it.  But now, if I tell him something and dont follow through, all holy hell breaks out.

So, I bought him an awesome water pack that you wear and spray out fires (it actually sprays water).  I have told him that if he goes in the potty three times, he can have it.  The really great thing is that he seems to be "getting" it, intellectually. In that, he is trying.  He actually practices sitting on the toilet.  Which is awesome, because I could never get him to do that.  Ever.  So, hopefully this works out for us.  Either that or he is going to expect a car when he turns 12 and gets good grades.  So there is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment