Monday, February 27, 2012

Nico sads...

So, we had a fun weekend around here.  I tried unsuccessfully for much of Friday night to find a hard copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.  I just finished reading the series and have been trying to watch the last two movies.  Turns out there is some sort of dustup over the digital rights to it, so it is unavailable online.  Anywhere.  Not for rent or for purchase.  :(

I have been doing some cleaning... only the most annoying kind though- the little at a time- tear up this part of the house and take two weeks to put it back together kind.  :(  Dave doesnt know it, so maybe dont mention it, but we have this massive built in bookcase in our living room that is about to get MADEOVER.  Seriously.  On this shelf sits a box of VHS tapes.  In this box is prolly about 50-60 VHS tapes that are what is left of my "younger days" soccer career.  In any case, I have been meaning to transfer such tapes to DVD for years... so finally I put an ad up on Craigs List and found a stay at home mom who is willing to do for 5 bucks a tape.  Can you believe that?  Yeah, pretty good.  I am pretty excited about that.  Friday, I dropped some tapes off and went for a run.  Nico and Dave got pizza at Mellow Mushroom and had it waiting for me when I got home.

Saturday, Dave let me sleep in and got Nico up.  They went to the fair grounds to check out the dog show- especially the agility trials.  Nico was kinda annoyed because he wanted to do the obstacle course :(  I ran some errands.  Just before nap, I took Nico to the park so that he could run the bases and play ball... which he loves.  After Nico woke up from nap, we went to get some groceries including ingredients for a "special treat" for Aunt Nicole and Uncle JJ.  Why?  Its their birthday.  And also because I wanted to try making homemade snickers bars.  Which brings me to- the problem with healthy food is that it doesnt taste good.  Seriously.  I am eating a salad for lunch.  But I still would rather have a bacon cheeseburger.  Meh.

Sunday, I woke up early with Nico.  We made some breakfast and went to run some more errands. Then we went to Chapman Pond at Myers Park and fed the geese.
Then last night Dave and I went to play soccer.  Nico was not terribly pleased.  I played in goal and gave up five goals.  Seriously.  Five goals?  BARF.  On the upside, I did make a bunch of good saves, including one off my face, and one where I think I pulled my armpit muscle (dont ask how I managed to do that).  In preparation for the baby sitter coming over, we managed to put the house back in order, so that is great.  But its still dusty as ever.

Here is Nico's sad face:
Isnt it great?

No comments:

Post a Comment