Monday, January 4, 2010

So now its curtains and drapes on anyone who hates...

So, I had sort of an interesting Sunday night.  While I would love to be able to have the life and the legs and the joints to run every day, I have set my bar kinda low in that department, telling myself that I will run every other day and maybe walk on the days that I don't run.  So far, its been working out okay for me.  Until last night.

I decided to go to Leon's track to run (can I share with you how much I love the solace of a dark and empty high school track?  LOVE IT!!)  so that I could calibrate my ipod.  I suspected after my last run (when I plotted my path on google's pedometer thing) that perhaps it needed to be calibrated because it said I rain half a mile more than I actually did.  Because my left knee was K-I-L-L-I-N-G me, I decided to take 1000 mg of acetometaphen and a full tab of percocet leftover from Nico's birth (I usually only take half a tab of percocet and no acetometaphen).  I gotta  couple of new tunes for the iphone.  Hello- how is it that I never heard "Round" by FloRida?  For my moms who has high speed now (check the song):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrjp4IPXSY

So I get over to Leon's track and find that sadly, the percocet aceto combo wasn't miraclous.   So I do my run- start by calibrating my iphone (half a mile) then an "easy" two miler.  Its not easy.  By any stretch.  But it is what it is.  When I get done, I feel like I was hit by a truck- not in that kelly the baller-i just ran a marathon in the time it took you to run half a marathon sort of way, but more like, "I think I am going to pass out" sort of way.  And maybe throw up.  Light headed.  Nauseated.  Not good.

Then my heart sinks as I realize I have to climb up the stairs because I parked up by the highschool.  BARF.    So I get in my car and contemplate calling Dave to tell him I think I might be dying but will take a nap in the car to "sleep it off".  Decide to instead drive home.  Haul myself inside, feeling the entire time like I am going to RALPH. 

I get home and tell Dave, who thinks I am an idiot.  Excused self to see if I can make myself throw up (always feels better to just get it over with).  Dont have to make myself because it just happens.  I feel a lot better after.  So I decide to go to bed, but have to Nurse Nico first.  But I itch.  Like I took off all my clothes and rolled around in a bed of poison ivy covered in itchy poison.  I thought at first it was a reaction to coming in from the cold-know how sometimes your skin can do that as it adjusts back to the warmth?  No.  My back, my neck, my legs, my arms.  It was CRAXY.  On further inspection, turns out I had hives.  Did some research on the internets.  Turns out that percocet releases a histamine (which can cause the itching).  Both itching and neausea are side effects of percocet- not that I had a deathly reaction to it.  I am an idiot.

Woke up this morning with the only evidence of my pharmaceutical escapades to find only a minor splotchy bit on my wrist.  Definitely a good life lesson learned.

Not much new to report on the Nico front.  I think Dave might be over the whole, "Dude you're a little baby thing" because he is teaching Nico how to feed himself.  This morning he was showing Nico how to hold his own bottle... and just a little while ago, he had Nico working the spoon.  Of course, Nico is still a bit sketchy on this- tries to gouge out his own cheek.  But he's trying.  

Got two games this week- one tomorrow night (Godby- Home) and one on Saturday (Rutherford-Home).  Because I didnt know the football schedule when I was making our schedule, I front loaded most of our games away in the beginning of the season).  If it is harder to play away than at home, it may have made our pre-christmas schedule harder.  So maybe it sets us up for several wins in the next two weeks?  Seriously, I could do with about 5 straight wins.  That would be great. Kthnks.

Tomorrow night is probably going to suck.  Its supposed to get down to 18 degrees.  Dave is all like, "Its probably too cold to play."  To which I say, "It builds character." However, I think it might be too cold to coach.  They are talking about snow flurries this week.  SNOW FLURRIES.  You can bet your butts that I would have loved to be able to say that I played in snow.  IN FLORIDA.  Its a golden opportunity.

Did some of my paperwork for AHCA today.  My boss isn't too hopeful for me to start on Wednesday- apparently things can move slow for them too.  But Nico starts at FSU on Wednesday.  I'm nervous!!

5 comments:

  1. If you have to take percocet to run, and percocet gives you hives, then running gives you hives. I've heard people say things like this before, or that they're allergic to running, but you may be the one person who can qualifiably say this. Not that this is exciting for you. Sorry. Try swimming?

    Also not excited about coaching in the cold... and we have the early game. New Yorker toughness fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, for the Muddy Buddy, you only have to run a mile at a time. But that's like 12 miles less than what you have to do for that Princess thing, so I guess I'm not helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know i'm a fan of swimming.

    on the nico front, use a long handled ice tea spoon to help him learn to fed himself. you hold it by the end, he holds it by the bowl. once he can feed himself, he can probably get a job. doesn't Sweetbay higher kids under 16? Not that i'd trust him on a register, but surely there is something he can do. love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever want to run (by which I mean leisurely jog) together, let me know. I just started running over in Optimist Park right by your house, and it's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cant be good. good luck with Nico today!

    ReplyDelete