Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer is Here. Officially.

Not much going on around here.  I love not having to take Nico to be at school at 7:15.  It is quickly turning into my favorite part of summer.  My favorite part of summer.  Instead of doing that, guess what I do?  Sleep in.  Till 7am.  Till 7am.  That is practically the afternoon.  I am mostly focused on getting edits for Kelly's wedding photos done- there are so many.  So far, I have about 500 done- and I still have another 200 or 300 still to edit.

We're settling into a fun summer routine.  I ended up with a pretty extensive summer to do list... but it's hard because it is really easy to slip into letting Nico watch too much TV and too many videos on youtube.  I mean, I know he has intelligence to spare- but still.  I dont want his brain to completely rot out.

Last week we facetimed with both Granny/JJ and Nico's friend Wyatt (and his family).  Nico is convinced that we should visit Washington DC (where Wyatt's family is)- to see cool things like the Smithsonian and the Air and Space Museum.

It was pretty funny- because they pretty much took turns showing each other toys. 

I found a free online language learning site called Duolingo.  It is pretty amazing- as is Nico's ear for language.  We've started him on a german language course.  And he is kicking ass in it.  
   
We did have a summer fail last week.  One of our Summer to do list items was to figure out which is the best ice cream shop in the city.  So, last week, I came home from work a bit early and was ready after dinner to check out an icecream shop and Nico was like, "I don't want to."  I DONT WANT TO.  It's like he isn't even my kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment