Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer in the City

I got a notice from work last month that I hadn't taken any vacation days. I don't need to be told twice, so I scheduled some days off this summer. With July 4th on Friday, I took yesterday and today- which is fantastic.

Tuesday night I introduced Nico to "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" on Netflix. It was amazing. He loved it. I think his media viewing tastes are evolving. He's been watching a LOT of the World Cup. He's starting to get into the Nat Geo documentaries- which is fantastic. Because a Kim can only watch so much Cailou. 

Yesterday we rode down to the Loop. We checked out the family fun festival in Millenium Park. Nico played Cornhole for about 2 hours. And did hula hoop (which I am still terrible at). After, we stopped by Margie's on Montrose for ice cream.  

Not sure what we'll get into today. Maybe go for a hike or something. It's absolutely gorgeous. It was 65 degrees in the house last night. In July. Don't be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment