Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Strawberries and Summer


This weekend was pretty fun.  I had two photoshoots on Saturday- one for a woman who is getting her social media/branding/blogging business of the ground and a CrossFit event.  The first was nice because she was a photographer's dream: she moved and held different kinds of poses, was open and flexible to my ideas, had several different outfits.  The second was fun because it was CrossFit, and since most of my Chicago friends are my gym friends, it was cool. 

Sunday, we drove out to Earlville to go Strawberry picking.  This is our second annual trip.  Last year, it was just Nico and me, and well, he was pretty much done after about 20 minutes.  This year, he was much more into it... although it was a scotch warm.  Dave came with us this time, which dramatically increased our strawberry haul.  All said, I think we ended up with about 4 gallons of strawberries.  Which is good news for me, because I am working on a pie.  And its good news for Nico because well, strawberries.  

Summer is about to be on us.  I am done teaching (yay).  We are going to change Nico's school situation- so that instead of sending him 5 days a week, we'll send him three days a week.  I am pretty excited about this, because it increases the time for adventures.  Let's just say that he'll be glad when school starts, because he will be worn out from all the adventures I am planning on us doing.  

Other than that, not much going on.  Joe and Jack are coming to town (one of Dave's oldest Tallahassee friends and his son), and they're all going to a Cubs game tonight.  Even better, the house is moderately clean (yay for out of town guests!!).  One of my gym friends is doing a thing tonight for the Moth radio hour, so I might go check that out!  Life is pretty great now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment