Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Swimming

Like most of the weekends that we have been having around here, this past one was great. It really started Thursday night when we went to Movies in the park.  This is apparently something that a Chicago bank does every Thursday night, at parks around Chicago.  This Thursday it was The Lorax at Hollywood Park, which is the park that is literally, steps away from our house.  Nico was a gem, but didnt want to stay for the whole thing.  This was after Nico's school went to Shedd Aqaurium during the day.  I can totally tell that Nico is an only child- he has no perception of the idea of sharing.  Still.  I will post pictures from Shed later.

Friday night we met one of his school mates at a jump place in Niles.  This proved to be very fun and they proved to be good people.  Apparently, he is part of the old swedish mafia of North Park (it was originally settled by swedes).  They have a boat and have promised to take us out sometime.  Which is awesome, because I was just thinking that I needed to figure out a way to swing having a boat.  But it seems a bit unrealistic when the cost to park a boat in Lake Michigan is probably more than our rent. 

Saturday we headed to the YMCA for Nico's swimming lessons.

He was not too keen on sticking his face in the water, since he did it last week.  Which makes sense, I guess.  But then this happened:

(Sorry that Nico is selling so much crack... those trunks were a bit big).  

Here he is with Ms. Erin swimming.  No big deal.

Saturday afternoon I went up to Michigan to see Uncle Scott and JJ (who just moved to Kalamazoo from Rochester, NY).  We hung out at the house and watched Old School (apparently Rock had never seen it before).  

Sunday, I met Dave and Nico at the soccer field and we played two games (we won one and lost one).  Then we headed home and got to bed early.  Arent you worn out from reading all of that?  This coming week, we are going to try some vintage transportation vehicles museum/festival in Rockford- which Dave found.  The general consensus is that Nico is going to love it.  

Today I had a skin doctor appointment.  For the last year, I have been a bit nervous about skin cancer- mostly because I am terrible at remembering sunscreen.  And when I do wear it, it never seems to keep me from getting burned.  In particular, I was nervous about a couple of spots on my arms and a spot my nose.  Turns out my doctor just froze off some "likely precancerous" spots off my left forearm.  Which is so much better than I thought it might have been.  

No comments:

Post a Comment