Monday, April 8, 2013

Springtime and the Cards

We had such a great weekend!!  First, Dave and Nico went to the downtown get-down on Friday night.  I was in a time-crunch to get a video done for Madi Harris.  JJ was meeting with a coach he knows and wanted to show him video.  So that was my big project last week.  In case you are interested in it, here it is:

I need to fix a couple of things.  But I really like how it came out.  I feel kind of jipped though.  Back when I had to do my highlight tape, it was with actual tapes.  And if you screwed anything up, it was so hard to fix.  this, the most trying thing for me was having enough time to go through all the video we have, looking for the best Madi video.  

Then, Saturday morning, we went to Springtime Tallahassee with Graham.  There were firetrucks.  I think you can imagine how that went.  

Nico and Graham really do get along well.  We stayed at the parade for basically the whole thing, because Nico and Graham were having such a great time.  Usually we're like, "There are no more firetrucks?  Alright! Peace!!"  So that was fun.  Seriously, shouldn't Nico be a model?  He is incrediably adorable.  I hope he doesn't get ugly when he gets older, I dont want people to see pictures of him at this really adorable time in his life and be like, "Dude, what happened?"
Sunday we did some chores and played soccer.  It's funny how soft my skin gets when I haven't played in a while.  One dive and two slides and I have scrapes on my forearm, my hip and my left knee.  But I hadn't played in 6 months.  So I guess that is fair.  

Saturday night, I gave all the soccer stuff to Nick.  It's so weird.  It filled up the back of a SUV.  Uniforms, balls, coolers, pinnies, cones.  It's crazy.  I am going down to the county tomorrow to give them all their charms.  The charms are a tradition I started with them the first season that I coached them.  The first season on the team, I give them a bracelet with their name, WHS Girls Soccer, and the record for the season.  Then in subsequent years, we add another charm for the record, and other soccer charms, and their number.  It's one of the things I am most proud of, that I have done for them.  I know, it's strange. But I love the tradition.  

The Cards won on Saturday night.  Dave's boss had gotten him two tickets for the Championship game in Atlanta for tonight.  Dave asked me if I wanted to go... which let's be real here, any sports fan would want to.  But It doesnt seem right, I've only been in the picture for 9.5 years.  His best friend Christian has been cheering for the Cards with Dave for at least 20 years.  So, they are going to the game tonight and Nico and I are going to hang out at the house.  He doesn't know this, but item #141 on my bucket list is helping get Dave to see the Cards play in a championship game.  So, that is nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment