Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chicago, Chicago...

So, I think most of the people who read this thing are also friends with me on facebook.  So, it's official.  We are moving to Chicago!!  So excited.  I am dancing.  In my head.  Not really dancing.

So now begins the logistics of this.  My replacement can't take over day to day stuff at the College of Medicine until mid-April.  I am going to Chicago next week to get signed up with HR and start meeting people.  It's pretty cool.  I think I will go up again in late March, and with Nico and Dave joining me for the weekend, so that we can find a place to live.  Next week, I am supposed to ride the train to some of the suburbs and try to figure out a commuting situation I would be okay with.  Then, I will drive up in mid-April, leaving Nico and Dave.  Once there, I will try to find a school for Le Boy.  Dave has to stay in Tallahassee at least through the session.  I think I will end up flying home the week before Memorial Day and helping to pack up the house and the moving truck.  And the dogs.  Then we drive up to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.  I think it might end up where one of us is driving the moving truck and the other is driving the 4-Runner with Nico in the back seat and the dogs in the back-back.  I don't know- I think its going to be kind of an adventure!!  Really looking forward to it.

Nico is getting big and funny.  He has started the campaign for a little brother or sister.  It is mostly in the context of when we leave someone's house that has kids that he plays with.  This weekend, I took Nico over to Dexter and Colleen's house to deliver some food.  Dexter used to go to school with Nico and has recently been diagnosed with autism (aspergers).  They didn't use to play well together, but they were great on Sunday.  When it was time to leave, Nico was melting down and I had to carry him out of there.  He was wailing that he wants a little brother or sister.  Then, two nights ago, he was telling Dave that he want's a brother or sister, and wondered if we could order one online.  Squeeeeeeeee.  So adorable.

Here are my boys counting.  I didnt get when they counted in French earlier.  This video makes it appear that Dave is teaching Nico only the languages of the former Axis Powers, which is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment