Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Earth Fare Debacle

I took Nico to Earth Fare today. The trip was complete with a full-on, throw out on the floor meltdown.  Then there was the part where Nico didnt listen to me and bolted into the vestibule.  When the door closed behind him and it looked like he was headed to the street, I had to bust up the automatic sliding door to grab him.  I hope I got points from the innocent bystanders for hauling him out of the place.  I wasn't so much embarrassed as I was annoyed.

I know they all say, "Adore this time- he'll be grown and out of the house before you know it."  But seriously, I am ready for him to grow out of this phase of orneriness.

One of Nico's teachers seems to think that Nico is just like her oldest child (Reece), who I coincidentally, taught when I was a teacher in preschool.  I see a lot of the same patterns in Nico (very articulate for his age, fluctuating back and forth between being fiercely independent and horribly clingy, fluctuating between being really eager to please and extra ordinarily ornery).

Yay! Parenting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment