Monday, March 19, 2012

Funs and Travels.

We had a really fun weekend around here.  It started on Saturday when I went down to Woodville for a run and to train my new goalkeeper (side note:  She's going to be pretty good.  She is so STRONG!  has a good work ethic.  And while she has been on the verge of tears several times during training sessions, she hasn't quit goalkeeping yet.  She's a great kid, too.  And she isn't a princess.  I dont think I am going to have to have the conversation about why wearing makeup in games....this is a bonus!!)

I ran on the trail... which was like, "meh."  I was having a good time of it, feeling good (it was only a three mile run) when I get passed by a pack of GAZELLES.  Here I am, overweight, red, sweaty, puffy faced, ready to die, and this pack of gazelles moves around me like I am standing still, in their little uniforms of spandex shorts and sports bras and six packs and pin straight hair pulled back into thin ponytails.  Oh well.

On my way back into town, I stopped by the hardware store in Woodville and picked up some more plants and seeds.  When I got home, I worked in the garden a bit because Dave and Nico weren't home yet.  They had gone swimming (so much fun!).  Saturday night Dave took Nico to the Irish festival downtown, Nico got to see bagpipes, which was cool.  We had a Nap:Fail on Saturday, so they didnt stay long.  I was at home doing cleans.

Sunday, Nico and I headed out early.  We had some errands to run.  Nico needed socks and such.  We also had to take his books back to the library in Woodville.  Since we were there, we stopped and played soccer and played on the play ground.



He had a really good time.  We went home and had lunch and naps.  Sunday night, Dave and I went to go play soccer.  Nico was not really that happy about this.  Dave and I had fun.  We picked up onto another team (since our team had a bye).  We didnt think that the team would be that good... it looked like some jackassery from the start.  One of our guys was sent off with an undeserved red card.  And we played against a kick and run team with a bunch of fast Hispanic guys up front.

The bad news is that I gave up 3 goals.  Obviously not pleased with that.  But we did win and I made a bunch of saves.  Good ones.  And I got my arm scrapped up:

So that was cool.  Dave and I have some fun travel plans for the next few months.  First, we are going to Louisville for Derby week next month.  Yay.  There will be boat races and parades and hot air balloon races. Fun.  Then we are going to a wedding on Siesta Key in May.  We have also bought tickets for a soccer game  (US men v. Scotland) on May 26 in Jacksonville.  I dont think I have ever seen the US men play, so that is pretty exciting.

I have a conference in Orlando in June- so Dave and Nico might come down for a trip to Sea World.  I think that would be a major blast.  Nico would really like it, I think.  Then in July we are going to Gulf Shores, Alabama for a Bishop family holiday.  Nicole and Cody are coming East and we are heading west.  Should be lots of fun.  I am hoping to fish and swim and be a bum.

I am trying to get some players together to play in Dallas at Labor Day.  My good friend Julia lives there now (and plays).  Am hoping she might be able to take the 4 players we have put us on a team.  That would be fun.

All for now.  I am off.

No comments:

Post a Comment