Monday, March 26, 2012

The Actor's Studio

So this weekend was pretty fun.  We had a good time!  Dave was starting to get sick on Friday night, early Saturday, so we got out of the house so he could sleep in.  On Saturday, I took Nico up to Thomasville to watch some of our high school girls play soccer (they are playing for TUFC now).  Among them was our soon to be baller goalkeeper.  She did pretty well, made some big saves.  Until about 5 minutes left, when she gave up two.  But the other team (a Georgia team) was impressed and invited her to play State Cup with them.  So that is pretty cool.

Saturday afternoon, I ran some errands while Nico and Dave hung out.  Before dinner, Nico and I worked on an art project/experiment.  You see, I dont have a window in my office and I got the idea from someone I work with to get a big painting of the sky or the grass or something.  What I want is this:

But since not even I can justify 300+ dollars for a painting.... I may have to DIY this.  I think I could live with this:

In any case, I dont want to buy a 40 or 50 dollar canvas and not have it work out for me, so I bought some of the materials and did a little experiment with Nico.  Here we are putting the modeling paste onto a small canvas.  We are using actual modeling paste and some cheaper "texture paste" from Martha Stewart.  Nico was a big help!

Saturday night, Dave and I watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo."  I had recently read the book.  It was good.  Gruesome... but good.

Sunday morning, Dave and Nico let me sleep in (which was nice).  Sunday afternoon we went to a birthday party (our little friend Zoe turned 1!!).  We had a good time at their place, playing ball and snacking.  Sunday night, Dave and I played soccer.  After his bath, Nico called me into our room to show me this:


Hilarious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment