Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LeBron

I just dont know where the time goes.  Seriously.  Really, another morning?  So quickly?  What is with the fact that it is already Wednesday? Crazy!!

I have a(nother) job interview with DOH today.  I had one a couple of weeks ago and was told that they would be contacting the interviewees this week.  The interview today is actually pretty funny... I had to take an excel test for it.  Now, mind you, I have been using Excel pretty regularly for 8 years now.  I have learned some pretty sweet tricks...I felt like I could take Excel off some sweet jumps.  On the PeopleFirst website, I was asked how I would rate my knowledge of and ability to use Excel.  I was like, "I basically wrote the book on Excel."  So I go into this Excel test with my swagger... and got pimp slapped to the floor.  I basically got pwnd by the test.

This is how I thought the test would go:


This is actually how it went:

(note:  I am NOT Lebron).

I guess, I am not as good at Excel as I thought I was.  But apparently, I aced the other part of a test (proof reading a letter).  In any case, they wanted to bring me in for an interview, despite getting pwnd by Excel. So, we will see how that goes.  I hope they dont ask me how good I am at rating my ability to perform simple tasks [FAIL].

So that is that.  Not much else new to report.  Nico and I started some seeds last week.  And by Nico and I, I mean, I started some seeds last week.  Nico just sat in his high chair and poured water from his sippy cup everywhere.  We started tomato seeds, hot peppers, sweet peppers, basil and sunflowers.  The sunflowers and basil seem to be doing well.... the tomatoes and peppers are acting like they are too good to germinate.

Nico's room in the new place has these two huge windows that look out over the back and side yards... the plan is to plant the sunflowers there, so they will grow up and he can see them.  Yes, those are little pots made with newspaper.... why yes in deed, that is very environmentally friendly!!


This was mostly done because I realized that we have a very weird problem.... the compost bin.  Yeah.  We obviously want to take it with us... but I am not sure its cool to leave behind a pile of half-decomposed food. I dont know.  So I "harvested" some of the compost to mix with potting soil for the plants.  But seriously, how can I speed up the composting process?  Any suggestions?

Nico at practice:



1 comment:

  1. yeah...i always think i know about excel until i am trying to show Cody something and he is all, "why dont you just do it this way?" and then i feel like a total idiot.

    ReplyDelete