Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gettin some sleeps!

Dave and I fell in love with the house that we looked at yesterday.  It was a 4/2 "in mid-town" (which was really close to downtown and not really what I would call mid-town.)  It had this ridiculously large master bedroom that we saw and immediately decided would be a great office/playroom/hanging out room.  It had a hot tub, and front and back yards with beautiful plush grass (decrease the amount of dirt tracked in by the dogs).  It had three other rooms aside from the office/play room.  Guest bedroom anyone?  We could actually have people stay with us!! When Dave ran by the house this weekend, he wasn't impressed with the size of the house... it didnt look much bigger than our house.  But once we got inside, it just kept going and going and going.  It was pretty much amazing.  We didnt even need to think about this place... we want it.  BADLY. 

However, there were people who looked at it just before us yesterday who decided THEY wanted it.  They turned in their application already... so we will see.  I am hoping that it falls through for them (it would suck for them yes.... but it would rule for us).  I did realize that our new strategy when it comes to looking at houses is that I ought to have a wad of cash to offer whoever is showing us the house.  That way if they say, well, someone else just turned in an application I can say, "I will give you $100 to lose their application."

So we are still looking.  Although, it is hard for me to be really excited about the search.  I have a problem in that I could live anywhere.  So my range of places that are acceptable is a lot broader than Dave's.  That is how we ended up in a house that is 2/3 of the size of the house on Longview, with no-dishwasher and a power bill that is twice what it was with Talquin Electric.  Because I am impulsive.  So rather than getting my panties all in a twist and browbeating Dave into moving I am trying to take it a little slower... don't get too excited about any place till Dave sees it.  Slowin' my roll, if you will. 

But it's hard in Tallahassee- you would think with so many damn houses not selling because the market fell through itself last year that more houses would be for rent.  But they aren't.  So that is kind of annoying.  But I just wish that people would be honest when they list houses.  If a house is on a street that turns south off of Pensacola street just be honest and call it the Student Ghetto.  If it is a house with a county name (with the exception of Broward) or a state name, be honest and call it The Real Ghetto. If the house is north of I-10 be honest and call it Way the Hell out There.   It would save me a lot of time.  Also, I understand that business is business and everything.  But I would also rather have someone tell me ahead of time that the house is taken.  I understand that its her job to fill the house- so she is lining up potential tennants (Dave and me) in case the others fall through.  It's annoying to waste the time, make Dave leave his job to go look at a house that is off the market. 

On a completely unrelated matter... I am lothe to even breath mention of this, because I dont want to jinx us.  But Nico slept in his cribfor 9 hours last night.  Milka-what?  Whooo-hooo!!  I put him to bed at 9pm... he woke up at 130 to nurse for about an hour, but then I took him back to his room where he slept till 7 this morning.  HOLY WHAT!!  Isn't that awesome??  Now we just have to work on mama not staying up till 1230 playing bedazzled on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment