Monday, September 22, 2014

The Corn Maze

We had a really lovely weekend!  On Saturday, I went to a CrossFit "competition" after Nico's soccer game.  It was only a friendly competition, but my partner and I "won" the scaled division....we only won because he should have been competing in the tougher competition.  Also, it's not that big of a deal, since winning the scaled division is a bit like being the fifth grader that wins the kindergarten field day. But it was fun.  Nico is averaging a hat trick, plus in soccer games lately.  Even better, he actually completed a pass to a teammate.  Somehow, we have to figure out a way to make that happen more.  Because this dribbling the ball down the field and having a go at the goal isn't as much fun for everyone else, I suspect. 

Saturday afternoon, we went up to the Richardson Adventure Farm, which is on the border with Wisconsin.  There is a corn maze, jump pillows, a big slide, and pumpkins.  




The slide was really cool.  Nico could have done it all day... which is hilarious, because getting to the top required this long walk up this hill.  He had a blast.  



He still comes and gets in bed with us during the night.  He's still very snuggly.  I'm sad for when he gets to be too big for it.  I realized that he's going to be getting too big for stuff now.  When I take him to school, usually, I walk him into the gate... most parents just drop their kids at the Kiss and Go lane.  But I walk Nico in.  Usually, I will sit on the bench and watch his bags while he plays.  He plays on the playground until the bell rings and then comes sprinting over to me to get his bags and give me a hug.  Otherwise, there is no real reason for me to stay.  Today he said he would keep his bags with him so that he wouldn't need to come back for them.  That didn't take long at all. 


And he's reading.  Check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment