Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gobble

I know it's impossible, for our weekends to get any funner... but hold on party people.  Uncle JJ and Uncle Scott are coming to town this weekend.  I know, seriously,, right?   I was able to get Cubs tickets on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago.  I got 4 tickets, thinking that if neither made it, we'd only have to eat the cost of one ticket.  It means that Nico won't go to the game and we'll just pick him up from school after.  Does that make me a bad mom? 

The good news is that he really, really, really likes his new school.  When school started, he lost his best friend, a little girl named Addison because she went up to the kindergarten- so he only sees her in the afternoon. I am sure that they were probably pretty annoying... their thing was that they would call each other animal names... like Alligator Chicken.  Or Chicken Dinosaur. His new little friend is a girl named Zoey, who he really likes.  In fact, last week he said that he loves her.  Which is absolutely darling.  They have a funny game they play called "Gaga".  Which is basically just them dancing with their hands up and shifting their weight back and forth on one foot to the other.  It's pretty hilarious.  

Le Nico was invited to a birthday party this weekend, so I hope Uncle Scott and Uncle JJ are okay with that.  It's at a water park, I guess.  So, that will be fun.  Dave is looking forward to being around adults.  Turns out when you work from home, it can be a bit lonely.  Apparently, the dogs aren't much company.  

Nico and Dave went to the YMCA after school, so it was late when we started dinner.  Dave told Nico to finish up his blueberries to which Nico replied that "he would gobble them".  This apparently means to stuff blueberries into one's mouth.     Which is weird, because I dont use the word gobble.  What is even stranger is that he seemed to have the idea that gobbling also meant holding one's hands up to one's face while stuffing blueberries into one's mouth.  It's pretty funny.  



Still a bit undecided about what we are going to do about school next year.  I spoke to one of the faculty members at DePaul who has a daughter who is three.  She sort of gave me the run down on schools.  I had been thinking about the possibility that if we got him tested for selective enrollment schools, that if he managed to make the cut that he might end up in a school trying to do work that is beyond him because he willl be so young.  This faculty member said I ought not to worry about that and that the real reason to get him into a selective enrollment school is beause those schools tend to be much better... with parents who are much more involved.  She also gave me the breakdown on some of the better, more diverse schools.  I haven't had the chance to talk with Dave about what our priorities should be... whether we'd rather have a selective enrollment school or a diverse school.  While they might not be mutually exclusive, I'd rather not have to choose.  There is still plenty of time to worry about this, I guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment