Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Got it..

So. I got the post-doc at the med school. I think I am going to take it. While it is an amazing opportunity, I am still really nervous that its the wrong decision. But this is me. Sometimes I am just a nervous nelly.

I spoke with a peer who is an assistant professor at a teaching school. And I am trying to talk to another faculty member to get some more perspective, but if he tells me what I think he is going to tell me, I'm going to accept it.

That is kind of exciting. I dont know how it works with work... taking leave and such. I havent told my supervisor yet, but I probably will today (if I can talk to this professor first). This is literally, the toughest part of this whole thing... because I really like the other people in the arthritis program. And it wont be easy to meet our grant goals in this last year while trying to fill my position. I hope it can go well...

So that is that.

Anyone see this story? About the woman who was given the wrong lottery ticket and won 15 million dollars. That is pretty awesome.

3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting. Hope all works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do will be a good decision. Why? Because you are JBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's my girl...you done rocked that shit.

    ReplyDelete