Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE.WORST.DOG.EVER.

So we had a little adventure last week.  We lost the dogs. 

So we didn't really.  They escaped the yard (long story) on Thursday night.  Gordon came back that night.  Drake, not so much.  Long story short, we got him back on Friday, but he was at hospital (btw- I am purposely dropping the "the" from hospital.  Of course this doesnt work if you DONT say hospital in a british accent.  So do us a favor and just say it with the british accent... that way it doesnt look like I was supremely lazy and didnt type "the").  Apparently Drake hurt his foot pretty bad, so the guy that found him took him to his vet.  The vet fixed him up but recommended that Drake stay over the weekend. 

I think Gordon is a little stressed out.  Not only because he misses his buddy, but because he is having to be the sole object of Nico's affection, which is probably a little much when you're an autistic lab named Gordon who only wants to be left alone in the solace of the People Bed.  He upset Nico a bit on Monday when Nico turned suddenly to hug him.  Because he is the Original Jumpy McJump- he was trying to get out of the way.  Because Nico has gotten pretty strong, he hung onto Gordon as he jumped away.  And promptly fell down.  And started bawling.  Broke my heart.  He doesn't understand that Gordon is autistic. 

Other than that, not much going on here.  Weekend started out pretty rough.  I ran the Resolution 5k on Saturday.  And promptly ate it face first on the sidewalk on Jefferson mid-race.  The good thing about when I fall down: it tends to be falling forward.  So at least I can catch myself.... sort of.  I finished a minute faster than the 5k I ran last week.  And I wasnt last.  Suckas!!

We went to Suwannee after the game and did not do well.  We got beat all over the field.  We were missing two starters, a defender and a forward.  Our little big gun put an awful lot of pressure on herself to score (since our other forward wasnt there) and pretty much took her ownself out of the game.  Our GK made a bunch of saves (despite giving up three goals), including one, where she made contact with a striker at the top of the box that sounded SICK.  I fully expected the striker to stay down dead (she did get up, but did so with a little bit of a limp).  That did make me a little proud- it warmed the cockles of my cold, dead, GK heart. 

It was pretty not good.  My worst fear has come true:  the vibe that we were working before Christmas break?  Yeah, that is gone.  It's just not the same.  So I guess we have a new rule: no more Christmas break.  I gave them two weeks off during the holidays this year, for them to study for finals, etc.  I guess we can't do that anymore... maybe schedule games during Christmas break?

When we got home, I stepped off the sidewalk and rolled my ankle... which probably wouldnt have been so bad, except Leslie was right next to me... wondering what the hell I had done.  It was pretty much the perfect end of my fail day. 

Dave and I are trying something new with the food budget: having a food budget.  Normally, we just buy whatever we want and not being very good with the leftovers.  I checked out Foodonthetable.com and Prudence Pennywise to come up with some interesting recipes, including a Chicken Curry that I made last night.  Be jealous!!

Nico is pretty much adorable.  He is rotten, dont get me wrong.  Often when I ask him to put something away, he throws it on the floor.  So that's not good.  But he does know the various rooms of the house... so when I say, "Nico, let's go put your shoes in your room." And he knows where to go!  Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment