Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nicophone

So... I am going to PAA this weekend. It's in DC and is one of the highlights of my year.  I know, I am a total dork.  But I own it. 

My original plan was to take leave on Thursday and Friday and book it out of JAX on Wednesday.  But then I never requested it off because I assumed my supervisor could read my mind.  So when they set up our first ever CDC visit and it corresponded to the time when I was supposed to be GONE, I ended up having to change my flight out.  And well, it was cheaper to buy a one-way ticket into Baltimore arriving at 12:15 tonight than to pay for the fare increase pluys the $150.00 change fee SUCK.  But, I never canceled my seat on the outbound flight yesterday.  So I get an email saying all my flights have been canceled including my return flight on Saturday.  Milka-WHAT?  Apparently, if you miss one flight, they cancel all the rest.  Yeah, so, really long story long, I pretended like I was Nicole and called up Expedia first and then US AIR and explained the situation.  I also threatened to use either again.  Ever.  US AIR kept me as a potential customer by rebooking.  Expedia?  Yeah, it blows.  I am done with them.  FOREVER.  Or at least until I forget that they were douches. 

In any case, I am packed.  The car is gassed up.  I have a bag full of sodas and candies (chewy runts, ZOMG!!) and am ready to roll.  My flight leaves at 745 pm out of JAX tonight and I get out of work at 4.  I'll make it, right?  A little nervous about that, I am not going to lie.  3 hours to get to JAX, then 45 minutes to get to through security and the gate, not checking bags?  I hope this works out for me...

In unrelated news, I spoke to Nico on the phone this morning, which was awesome.  He hung up on me, but it was cool.  I called Dave to talk about something and he put me on hold with Nico.  I hate these kinds of weeks... I didn't see him much last night because I was in class till 815 and he was asleep when I got home.  He was asleep when I left today.  And I will be gone till Saturday night-ish.  We might try to gmail video chat tomorrow morning which is way awesome.  Both mine and Dave's computers have built in web-cams.  I love technology. 

Did I mention that we made Nico's water table into a rice table?  Yeah, whenever I get him from school, he runs into one of the other rooms to play at the rice table (LIKE A BOSS).  So I decided to put rice in his water table.  Which he loves.  We were at the store a couple of days ago and he talked me into buying him some measuring cups and some sand toys.  It's pretty fun!

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment